This exciting new course will give you the skills and ability to design and produce eLearning materials.
Study at one of the leading colleges in online learning – Sparsholt and Andover Colleges have launched this innovative programme at Level 3. This blended learning course is delivered 50% online and 50% facilitated learning through the Apprenticeship route.
ENROL NOW and train to support the development of eLearning resources across a wide range of subject areas. Learn how to create interesting and stimulating material for eLearning by using the wide variety of technologies available, making learning accessible and intuitive for students of all ages.
You will develop the knowledge and competency to become a ‘digital learning designer’. You will learn a wide range of techniques, combining them within an exciting portfolio of evidence.
PLEASE NOTE This course requires a basic level of technical expertise and therefore all applicants will need to demonstrate their suitability to work at this level through successful completion of an online starter activity. You will be given full details of the activity on application.
Dates (applicants are required to attend all sessions)
2015 26 October; 27 October; 28 October; 29 October; 30 October; 25 November; 16 December; 2016 20 January; 17 February; 16 March; 13 April; 11 May; 8 June; 6 July; 3 Aug; 31 Aug; 28 September; 26 October; 23 November; 21 December; 2017 18 January; 15 February; 15 March.
Accommodation may be available for B&B at the Hampshire Rural Business Centre, Sparsholt College for the residential block – please note: bedroom availability is limited.
The qualification is aimed at:
- Those currently working as a ‘digital learning designer’ and who wish to undertake training in this area as Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Adults with an interest in a career in ‘digital learning design’
- Young people with a keen interest in IT and education
- People who are unemployed or at home who wish to enhance their work-related skills
- Anyone seeking to learn or enhance their digital skills support training
The aim of this qualification is to provide a skills based qualification with the intention of creating a new occupational role of ‘digital learning designer’. The skills required cut across a number of subject specialisms and this qualification brings together those skills into a single qualification.
Essential units include:
- Introduction to the digital learning environment
- Professional and personal development
- User experience design
- Working in a digital working lifecycle
- Investigating and Analysing Requirements for Digital Learning Design
- Quality and standards
- Effective Communication for Digital Learning Design
Additional units include:
- Collaborative Technologies and Outcomes
- Technical Advice and Guidance
- Using Social Media Technologies
- A/V Production
- Graphic Design and Imagery
Meet the Apprentice
Find out more…
For specific information on the course structure, enrolment or other queries regarding the course please contact Ursula Bailey on 01962 797575 or via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us for information on Apprenticeship fees.
Design eLearn is a consortium of eight Further Education colleges, including Sparsholt and Andover College, that have have joined forces to develop the first dedicated Advanced Apprenticeship training route. www.designelearn.com
Click here to download an application form – please return it to the address on the form