What will I learn?
This course will give you the essential technical knowledge and practical skills to confidently work with modern machinery. Work placements, visits to industry events such as the LAMMA Show and demonstration days plus trips to machinery manufacturers and dealers will give you a real insight into the industry, supported by our specialist staff and state-of-the-art facilities. We’ll also work with you to improve your Maths and English skills if necessary.
• Maintenance and operation of farm machinery
• Workshop practice and skills development
• Machinery operation
• Tools and equipment
• Health & Safety in an engineering environment.
Four GCSEs at grade D/3 or above including English and Maths at grade D/3 or relevant Level 1 qualification plus Functional Skills English and Maths at Level 1.
What can I study next?
- Level 3 courses
- Level 2/Level 3 Apprenticeship
Assistant technician working with:
- Ground care machinery such as mowers or cultivators
- Fixed plant such as grain driers, vegetable handling and packing
- Large machinery such as tractors and combines, fabrication and construction
Optional additional qualifications
- NPTC Tractor Driving
- NPTC Forklift
- NPTC All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs)
- NPTC Rough Terrain Vehicles (RTVs)