What will I learn?
This course will give you an insight into the modern agricultural industry through work placements, visits to local farms and estates and trips to events. Working on the College farm’s dairy, sheep enterprise, arable and pig unit you’ll also learn valuable skills and get the hands-on experience needed for employment. If necessary, we’ll also work with you to improve your Maths and English.
• Livestock production – cattle, sheep and pigs
• Farm and estate maintenance
• Crop science and growth
• Machinery operations and maintenance
Four GCSEs at Grade D/3 or above including English and Maths/Level 1 in Agriculture with D/3 or Level 1 Skills in Maths and English.
What can I study next?
• Level 3 courses
• Level 2/Level 3 Agricultural Engineering
• Level 2/Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Tractor driver
- Stock-person working with cattle, sheep, pigs
- Contract farming
Optional additional qualifications
- NPTC Tractor Driving and Related Operations
- NPTC All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs)
- NPTC Rough Terrain Vehicles (RTVs)
- NPTC Operation of Rough Terrain Lift Trucks