What will I learn?
Working on the College farm’s beef, dairy, sheep enterprise, arable and pig unit you’ll also learn valuable skills and get the hands-on experience needed for employment. If necessary, we’ll also work with you to improve your Maths and English.
• Livestock production – cattle, sheep and pigs
• Farm and estate maintenance
• Crop science and growth
• Machinery operations and maintenance
• Health & Safety in Agriculture
Four GCSEs at grade 3 or above including English and Maths or Level 1 in Agriculture with grade 3 or Level 1 Skills in Maths and English.
What can I study next?
• Level 3 courses
• Level 2/Level 3 Agricultural Engineering
• Level 2/Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Tractor driver
- Stock-person working with cattle, sheep, pigs
- Contract farming
Optional additional qualifications
- NPTC Tractor Driving and Related Operations
- NPTC All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs)
- NPTC Rough Terrain Vehicles (RTVs)
- NPTC Operation of Rough Terrain Lift Trucks