What will I learn?
This course will enable you to conduct effective appraisals (personal development reviews) with your staff, exploring the importance of having annual reviews, the different roles within the process, and how to ensure both appraiser and appraisee get the best out of the meeting.
The course will cover:
- Why itâ€™s important to have appraisals
- Roles and responsibilities during the process
- Pre-appraisal considerations
- Setting objectives
- Understand the variety of development activities
- How to rate/grade your staff
- Key skills during the appraisal process
- How to conduct the appraisal meeting from start to conclusion
- Creation of Personal Development Plans (PDPs)
Where will it lead me?
This course could lead on to:
Team Leadership Skills – day course
CMI Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management qualification
CMI Level 3 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring qualification
No previous experience is necessary. The course is aimed at those less experienced/have no experience undertaking appraisals, but can also be used as a refresher.