What will I learn?
Our dedicated industry staff work with our students to achieve results consistently above the national average and encourage a real team spirit. You’ll take part in trips and visits to places such as World Rally Championships in Wales, Auto Sport International show, Santa Pod drag racing, MACH Engineering Show and Beaulieu Motor Museum to broaden your knowledge of the industry ready for employment.
• Work safely and productively in the workshop environment
• Build good working relationships with peers, supervisors and customers in the motor vehicle environment
• Understanding tools and materials used in light vehicle maintenance and repair
• Light vehicle engine mechanical components and operations
• Electrical principles and operations of light vehicle electrical systems
• Brakes, steering and suspension systems used on light vehicles
• Light vehicle transmission systems, including clutches, gearboxes and drive line components
What grades will I need?
Four GCSEs including Science, Maths and English at grade 4 or Level 2 Vehicle Fitting Principles plus 4 in English and Maths
What can I study next?
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles, Level 3 Diploma
- Motor Vehicle Apprenticeship
• Semi-skilled service technician
• Vehicle parts, sales and store keeping
• A range of practical skills-based roles using industry standard tools for removing and refitting components
• Service Advisor
Optional Additional Qualifications
• GCSE English and Maths