What will I learn?
You’ll study the understanding, diagnosis and repair of light vehicle system faults. Our dedicated industry staff work with our students to achieve results consistently above the national average and encourage a real team spirit. You’ll take part in trips and visits to places such as World Rally Championships in Wales, Auto Sport International show, Santa Pod drag racing, MACH Engineering Show and Beaulieu Motor Museum to broaden your knowledge of the industry ready for employment.
• Diagnosis and rectification of vehicle auxiliary electrical faults, light vehicle engine faults, light vehicle chassis system faults and light vehicle transmission and drive-line faults
• Overhauling light vehicle engine mechanical units
• Personal and social development skills with CV writing and mock interviews
What grades will I need?
Level 2 IMI Diploma in Vehicle Service and Repair Principles (or other awarding body equivalent qualification)/relevant industry experience and English and Maths at grade 4.
What can I study next?
• Higher Education: Level 4 Motor Sport Courses
• Light Vehicle Apprenticeship
This course gives you UCAS tariff points for entry to university.
• Semi-skilled service technician
• Service adviser
Optional Additional Qualifications
• GCSE English and Maths