What will I learn?
Whilst studying on this course you will learn the underpinning knowledge of anatomy and physiology, principles of fitness training and exercise programme writing along with performance analysis. You will explore concepts involved in sports psychology and apply different sports performance skills and technique in team and individual sports.
This course also has a unique addition of outdoor adventure activities subjects to include water and landbased sports from kayaking to climbing and mountain biking, community coaching projects and much more.
- Fitness for Sport and Exercise (External Exam)
- Practical Performance in Sport
- Applying the Principles of Personal Training
- The Mind and Sports Performer
- Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
- Progression Projects
What grades will I need?
Four GCSEs at grade 3, Maths and English at grade 3, Level 1 Diploma or equivalent at grade Merit.
What can I study next?
- Sport, Fitness and Personal Training BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma
- Sports Coaching and Development BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma
- Sport and Outdoor Activities BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma
- Uniformed Protective Services BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma
- Leisure Assistant
- Sports Coaching
- Uniformed Protective Services
- Outdoor Activities Instructor
- Gym Instructor
Optional Additional Qualifications
- Multi Skills Level 2 award
- First Aid
*Additional fees may apply – contact us for more details