What will I learn?
Taught by specialist staff in our exciting new Motor Vehicle and Agricultural Engineering Centre, this course is designed to equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills the land-based technology industry needs.
You’ll enjoy work placements, trips to machinery manufacturers and dealers and industry events such as the Grassland or Dairy events and LAMMA Show, as well as the opportunity to work on a wide range of land-based machinery – both at the College and at local dealers.
• Workshop practice
• Health and Safety
• Work experience
• Calculations for engineering
• Repair engines
• Engine technology
• Electrical and electronic systems
• Farm and plant equipment
• Harvesting equipment
• Cultivation and planting equipment
• Transmissions, mechanical & CVT
Optional Additional Qualifications
- NPTC Tractor Driving and Related Operations
- NPTC All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs)
- NPTC Rough Terrain Vehicles (RTVs)
- NPTC Operation of Rough Terrain Lift Trucks
- NPTC Abrasive wheels certificate
Five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including English and Maths/Level 2 in Agriculture at Merit with English and Maths at GCSE grade C/4.
What can I study next?
- A degree in Land-based Technology
- Level 2 / Level 3 Apprenticeship
This course gives you UCAS tariff points for entry to university
- Farm Mechanic
- Dealership technician
- Contractor operator mechanic
- Fabrication technician
- Parts person/ manager in dealership
- Machinery sales