What will I learn?
Taught by specialist staff in our exciting new Motor Vehicle and Agricultural Engineering Centre, this course is designed to equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills the land-based technology industry needs.
Youâ€™ll enjoy work placements, trips to machinery manufacturers and dealers and industry events such as the Grassland or Dairy events and LAMMA Show, as well as the opportunity to work on a wide range of land-based machinery â€“ both at the College and at local dealers.
â€˘ Workshop practice
â€˘ Health and Safety
â€˘Â Work experience
â€˘Â Calculations for engineering
â€˘ Repair engines
â€˘Â Engine technology
â€˘ Electrical and electronic systems
â€˘ Farm and plant equipment
â€˘ Harvesting equipment
â€˘ Cultivation and planting equipment
â€˘ Transmissions, mechanical & CVT
Optional Additional Qualifications
- NPTC Tractor Driving and Related Operations
- NPTC All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs)
- NPTC Rough Terrain Vehicles (RTVs)
- NPTC Operation of Rough Terrain Lift Trucks
- NPTC Abrasive wheels certificate
Five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including English and Maths/Level 2 in Agriculture at Merit with English and Maths at GCSE grade C/4.
What can I study next?
- A degree in Land-based Technology
- Level 2 / Level 3 Apprenticeship
This course gives you UCAS tariff points for entry to university
- Farm Mechanic
- Dealership technician
- Contractor operator mechanic
- Fabrication technician
- Parts person/ manager in dealership
- Machinery sales