Five GCSEs at Grade 4 or above to include Maths, English and Science or Level 2 qualification in Animal Care with Biology and Health units at distinction level and Maths and English GCSEs at grade 4 or above.
What will I learn?
Over the duration of the course, you will cover:
- sustainability, including environmental legislation, sustainable development, climate change and waste management principles
- the principles of biosecurity
- employment rights and responsibilities and progression opportunities within the sector
- ethical principles
- the supply chain and principles of stock management
- business organisations, enterprise skills and project management
- characteristics protected by equality legislation
- principles of customer care
- health and safety
- information and data
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed via a range of methods including external and internal assessment as well as an employer led project as part of your extended industry work placement.
What can I study next?
- Examples of HE courses include:
- Animal Science, Behaviour and Conservation at FdSc or BSc level
- Zoology at BSc level
- Apprenticeship in Veterinary Nursing
- Veterinary and Bio-Veterinary Sciences
- Veterinary Nursing BSc
This course gives you UCAS tariff points towards entry to University. Complete a full Level 3 with us and we’ll guarantee you an offer of a place on one of our relevant University Centre Sparsholt degree courses. Admissions Terms & Conditions apply – for full details go to sparsholt.ac.uk/university-centre
Study+ at Sparsholt College allows you to engage in a range of activities that will enrich your student experience whilst studying at the college. The activities range from Digital Wellbeing and Literacy to our Beekeeping Society, British Sign Language, Wall Climbing and even additional Maths+ and English+ sessions to help you with your entire study program. All students will also be provided with the opportunity of joining the Student Government or Student Council which meets to discuss matters close to student’s hearts and make an active change on campus to matters such as sustainability and student experience.
Sparsholt College has a wide range of state-of-the-art facilities including new projects like a Robotic Milking Parlour and Agritech Centre being built specifically for the introduction of the T Level in Agriculture, Environment and Animal Care in September 2023. Sparsholt College also has many existing facilities that you will experience whilst studying the T Level, such as the Animal Health Welfare and Research Centre, the Fullbore rifle range, Sawmill, Horticultural facilities, Equine Centre and Sika Deer Pen.
- Veterinary Nurse or Assistant
- Pet retail including specialist outlets
- Kennels and catteries
- Grooming and hydrotherapy
- Animal rescue centres
- Animal training and behaviour
- Veterinary sciences
- Animal conservation
- Keeper or Education Officer