What does the qualification cover?
The one-day programme will include:
- Introduction to Food Hygiene / Prevention of contamination and food poisoning / Food pests
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold handling of foods / Cooking, hot holding and reheating of foods
- Principles of safe storage / Personal hygiene / Food safety legislation / Premises and equipment
- Food Poisoning & microbiology / Cleaning & disinfection
Who is the qualification for?
The intermediate level course is designed for those working in all food businesses at a supervisory level. This includes traditional supervisors and team leaders, but also anyone who needs a broad understanding of food hygiene as part of their work. Once completed, candidates may choose to proceed to the next qualification, which is the Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety.
What are the benefits for employers?
Employers who train their supervisors gain team leaders who are competent in playing an active part in monitoring food hygiene standards with a greater knowledge of risk management. Employers also benefit with the training as it enables staff to be able to assist in hazard analysis programmes and help in the formulation and writing of hygiene policies. Employers who do invest in courses such as the Level 2 Supervising food safety are rewarded by an efficient workforce maintaining high standards in food safety.
- This is a one day programme (9.00am – 4.30pm)
- Learners are required to take a Multiple Choice Examination
- On successful completion of the course, the candidate will receive a certificate from CIEH, valid for three years