What does the qualification cover?
Participants can choose between Manual Metal Arc (MMA) or Metal Inert Gas (MIG), depending upon experience and industrial requirements. Both courses will cover:
- Health and Safety requirements relevant to welding
- Producing a butt weld in the PA flat position and vertical position
- Producing a lap fillet in the vertical position
- Producing a tee fillet weld in the vertical position
- Producing a tube-to-plate tee fillet weld in the PB horizontal and vertical position
- Factors that influence weld quality
Who is the qualification for?
Ideally for anyone with existing welding experience and looking to improve skills or who has already completed our basic welding course.
- The cost is £600.00 per delegate including examination fees and course materials
- Utilising the brand new welding workshop based at Sparsholt Campus
This fee does not include refreshments and individuals will need to bring overalls and wear Safety Boots.