What will I learn?
As well as hands-on experience with the farm livestock, exotic animals, domestic pets and birds of the College’s Animal Management Centre, you’ll also benefit from visits to a range of off site animal collections and welfare centres. An optional three day study trip to Wales focusing on the collection and identification of indigenous species completes the picture.
You’ll also work towards Functional Skills in Maths and English resulting in a GCSE resit opportunity if needed.
• Animal handling and husbandry
• Behaviour of a wide range of animals
• Animal biology
• Specialist units looking at exotic animals and grooming
• Work experience
What grades will I need?
Four GCSEs at grade D/3 or above, English and Maths at grade D/3 or a Level 1 in Animal Care.
Where will it lead me?
- Level 3 in Animal Management
- Level 3 Certificate in Animal Care
- Apprenticeship in Animal Care
- Working in kennels, grooming centres, pet shops and animal welfare centres