What will I learn?
This course is likely to be run as a combined Level 1 Fish and Game Management option, which also gives you the opportunity to learn about game birds and shoot management.
Learning in a realistic environment will give you the skills and confidence to progress further in education or into an Apprenticeship. During on and off site practicals you’ll work with other students to develop your team working skills and will gain experience of working in a wide variety of sectors such as sports fishery management, fish farming, rivers, pheasant rearing and estate and habitat maintenance.
• Fish farming and sports fishery management
• Countryside maintenance skills
• Game bird production and shoot management
• Team work and communication
• Progression and personal development
• Maths and English
What grades will I need?
GCSEs at grade D-E/3-1 plus a good reference from your school or college.
What can I study next?
• Level 2 in Fish Management or related subject
• Trout, carp or ornamental fish farms
• Sport fisheries
• Aquatic retail shops
Optional Additional Qualifications
Functional Skills in Maths or English