What will I learn?
You’ll be involved in a range of practical activities both at the College and off site at fish farms, local rivers and still water fisheries.
Towards the end of the course you’ll put your skills into practice during work experience which will help you to build up valuable employer contacts and potentially gain employment.
• Work experience and industry organisation
• Fish science
• Fish farming
• Sports fishery management, maintenance and angling
Possible Additional Qualifications
English and Maths GCSE if not already held at grade C/4 or above
What grades will I need?
Four GCSEs at grade D/3 or above including English and Maths/Level 1 qualification and a good school or college reference.
Where will it lead me?
• Level 3 in Fish Management
• Level 2 Apprenticeship in Fish Management
• Trout, carp or ornamental fish farms
• Sport fisheries
• Aquatic retail shops