What will I learn?
This course covers the practical and theoretical aspects of sport and provides the opportunity to progress on to the Level 3 Sport course, or directly on to employment, as well as enjoying all the industry standard facilities of our state-of-the-art Sports Centre.
In addition to the course we offer lots of extracurricular activities such as five-a-side football, badminton, gym club, kayaking, community coaching projects and much more.
• Leading sport safety and effectively
• Working in sport and activity leadership
• Leading sport and physical activity
• Coaching sport
• Developing skills for sport and activity leadership
• Getting others active outdoors
• Leading different groups
• Delivering a sports activity event
Optional Additional Qualifications
• First aid
What grades will I need?
Four GCSEs at grade D/3, Maths and English at grade D/3, Level 1 Diploma or equivalent.
• Sports journalism
• Sports therapist
• Personal training