What will I learn?
Work placements, visits to industry events such as the Grassland or Dairy events and LAMMA Show and trips to machinery manufacturers and dealers will give you a real insight into the industry, supported by our specialist staff and state-of-the-art facilities. We’ll also work with you to improve your Maths and English skills if necessary.
• Applying mechanical principles
• Maintenance and operation of farm machinery
• Workshop practice and skills development
• Machinery operation
• Tools and equipment
What grades will I need?
Four GCSEs at grade D/4 or above including English and Maths at grade D/3 or relevant Level 1 qualification plus Functional Skills English and Maths at Level 1.
Where will it lead me?
- Level 3 courses
- Level 2/Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Assistant technician working with ground care machinery such as mowers or cultivators
- Large combines such as tractors and combines, fabrication and construction
- NPTC Tractor Driving
- NPTC Forklift
- NPTC All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs)
- NPTC Rough Terrain Vehicles (RTVs)