Skip to main content

image of visa

Tier 4 (General) student visa

If you are not ordinarily resident in a member state of the EEA/EU you will probably have to apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study on undergraduate and postgraduate courses at the College.There is a very useful Home Office self-assessment page which you can use to find out what type of visa you need – check if you need a visa.

You may also have the benefit being classed as coming from a low-risk country – check here for details.

You can contact the international office with any questions you may have about your Tier 4 visa.

Please note that the information about visas and immigration given here is as accurate as we can make it given that the Home Office is making frequent updates to its regulations. So for the latest information please visit the Home Office website page on Tier 4 visas.

Schengen Visa

part of a typical Schengen visa

If you are not an EEA/EU national you will require a Schengen Visa to travel to an EEA/EU country. The Schengen Visa Scheme allows those wishing to visit certain countries within the EEA/EU (and Switzerland) to travel between these countries using only one visa. The Schengen space includes the following countries:

Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.

Further information can be found on the UKCISA website.